8.15.2011

Reno WorldCon 2011, Ho!

A quick Public Service Announcement. The release date for Timeless on Amazon is WRONG! It is still coming out March 1, 2012. My publishing house is trying to get Amazon to fix this error. Trying. Rest assured if any dates for my books ever change you will see it here long before Amazon knows about it.

I'll be gone most of this week and the beginning of next, Gentle Reader, to Reno, NV for World Con (August 17 ~ 21, 2011).

I am very much looking forward to this convention. It's been a while since I've been this excited for an event. Bellow I've posted my schedule and (depending on the vittles, the hour, and the company) you will probably be able to find me in the bar, in the con suite, or at the SFWA table the rest of the time.

Thursday

2 ~ 3 pm Futuristic Fashion & Wearable Art
(Panel in D05)
Fashion that can collect and broadcast video, bio-genetic art, LED tattoos... what's coming around the bend in RL and visible now in the latest science fiction?

7 ~ 8 pm Adventures in Ceramics Archaeology: a Field Report
(Presentation in A02)
In her other life, author Gail Carriger is an experimental archaeologist. Her talk will present the history of ceramic technology, utilizing samples of pottery from various cultures and ending with a focus on one particular kiln re-recreation and its humorous results.

Night: Girl Genius Steampunk Ball!

Friday

11 ~ noon Urbane Fantasies vs Urban Fantasy
(Panel in A04)
Urban fantasy is fantasy in which fantasy elements intrude into the real world. Mix that with a comedy of manners and you get something that is perhaps better described as urbane fantasy. And what do you get when you then throw in a dash of steampunk?

2 ~ 4 pm SFWA Table

5 ~ 6 Orbit Book Panel

Saturday

11 ~ noon KaffeeKlatsch AKA TeaTalk
(KK1)

2 ~ 3 pm Self Defense with a Parasol and Fine Teas
(Talk in Hall 2 Teen Lounge)

Sunday

11 ~ noon Autographing
(Hall 2)


I very much hope to see many of you there. I have set Twitter to send Tweets regarding these events daily but I don't think I will be online myself very much. Look for Retro Rack posts about the outfits seen at the convention in the weeks following my return.

Pip pip,
Gail

Gail's Daily Dose
Your Moment of Parasol . . .

Your Infusion of Cute . . .


The Many Ways of Tea
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Livejournal is failing me again.
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
In which Francesca and I discuss conventions at the Locus roundtable. Phrannish is my BFF and has been my Beta Reader for 20 years, so we rather chatter int eh manner of very old friends. She is also an editor at Locus Magazine.

Timeless: Copyedits back in, awaiting galleys.
Etiquette & Espionage: The Finishing School Book the First: First run passes from editor, much tweaking.
Secret Project PPA: Only a twinkle in my little eye.

  
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!

Book News:
Parasol Protectorate on tumblr.

Quote of the Day:
"If when you are walking with a lady in any crowded thoroughfare you are obliged to proceed singly, always precede her."
~ Etiquette for Gentlemen, 1850
Daisypath Graduation tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment